|Object ID number||2004.09.022|
|Scope & Content||
***** Misc. Civil War Papers *****
1. Five paper notes from the Confederacy ($50, $10, 75 cents, 10 cents, and a $25 Railroad note)
2. Four receipts of dues paid by Erastus W. Burnham (EWB) to Post #71 G.A.R. (Grand Army of the Republic) dated 1 Oct 1885, 1 Jan 1886, 1 Jul 1886, and 13 May 1890. Also, three pension certificates dated 1 Jul 1904, 17 May, 1909, and 7 Aug 1912.
3. Booklet describing the Monument on Groton Heights dated 1888 which commemorated the men who fell at Fort Griswold on 6 Sep 1781, written by Stephen Hempstead who was present at the time.
Also, a pamphlet of the By-Laws of the D.C. Rodman Post No. 65 of the Dept of Conn. G.A.R. dated 1887.
Also, a ribbon from the Battle Flag Parade in Hartford, CT on 17 Sep 1879 for the 12th Reg't of Conn. Vols.
Also, a postcard sent to Erastus W. Burnham postmarked 20 May 1912 calling attention to the 24th reunion of the 1st C.V.H. Artillery Association to be held on 19 Jun 1912.
4. Three passes to EWB dated 14 Feb 1865 (Battery Morton VA), 21 Feb 1865, (Battery Morton VA) and 10 Aug 1865 (Fort Willard VA)
5. List of disabilities from the Civil War written by EWB himself
|Collection||Erastus W. Burnham Collection|
Burnham, Erastus W.
|Year Range from||1861|
|Year Range to||1912|