|Object ID number||2000.01.001|
|Title||Pleasant Valley Club|
|Scope & Content||
The Pleasant Valley Club was formed in September 1924 by a group of South Windsor women to improve conditions at the Pleasant Valley School and to form a social group for the general improvement of the community. The Pleasant Valley Club continued to meet until 1970 when it was disbanded. The collection, which was donated by Edward Kuehn, Esq.,, was compiled by Eleanor Thresher Kuehn, Attorney Kuehn's late wife.
Folder 1: Constitution of club (1961) and 25-year report (1986) of the activities of the Club.
Folder 2: Programs dated 1960-1970
Folder 3: Two copies of pictures of Pleasant Valley Club members.
Folder 4: Photocopy of "Journal Inquirer" dated September 9, 1970 devoted to South Windsor's 125th Anniversary.
Folder 5: "The Story of the Pleasant Valley School" compiled by Irene Skinner Magee.
Folder 6: Pleasant Valley Club Cookbook given by Evelyn Tripp -- 2 copies (no date)
Folder 7: Newspaper clipping re: the disbanding of the Pleasant Valley Club (from the Journal Inquirer dated July 6, 1970).
|Collection||Clubs and Organizations-Pleasant Valley Club|
|Year Range from||1960|
|Year Range to||1970|