Container List Record
Metadata
Object ID number |
2013.04.075 |
Container |
Box 3 |
Description |
Typed page reports that the original building was on Benjamin Skinner's lot at 1042 Main Street. Between 1855 and 1869 D. J. Foster moved the building to 819-821 Main Street and his grandson, William Bemis, ran the store until 1862. Horace Parmelee turned the roof on the original one and half story house and then rebuilt the upper story of the building. When the building was used as a church, it stood close to the street, just south of the store. |